The West Gathering
The group organise an Annual Gathering which is held during the early Summer. The venue is usually a place associated with our ancestry. There is a small charge made and attendance is by invitation to members, who may bring family and friends as guests.
The Coloured Badges
These are worn at the Gatherings to identity the six main lines of descendancy:
- BLUE.......... Jane Stare = Jasper Randall
- RED............. William West
- WHITE......... Cox
- YELLOW..... Sarah West = Richard Mason
- GREEN........ Thomas Stare
- PINK............ Agnes Stare = Benj. Easden
These colours also identify the lines on the simplified West family tree
- 8th June 2019 - Hungerford
- 9th June 2018 - Hurstbourne Tarrant
- 10th June 2017 - Corsham
- 11th June 2016 - St Mary Bourne
- 6th June 2015 - Christs' Hospital
- 7th June 2014 - Newbury
- 8th June 2013 - Ludgershall
- 8th Sept 2012 - Nunhead Cemetary, South London The site of John's and Frances' bones.
- 9th June 2012 - Quainton, Bucks Ancestral home of the Dormer Family.
- 2011 - Aylesbury
- 2010 - Wonersh
- 2009 - Marlborough
- 2008 - Henley-on-Thames The Wests owned properties here.
- 2007 - Twickenham, Associated with the scholarships and where John WEST was baptised.
- 2006 - Faringdon, Oxfordshire, Home of the Pill family. Community website
- 2005 - Weyhill, Andover, John West is believed to have met his poor kin at the Weyhill Fair. See the report in
- 2004 - Oxford Town Hall, Where some West financial papers are kept. See report in Newsletter 18.
- 2003 - Christ's Hospital School, again. See some photos The Wests' Gift Almoner made an excellent speech. See the
report in Newsletter 16.
- 2002 - Wallingford, Oxfordshire. Home of the WILDERs. See the report in Newsletter 14.
- 2001 - Newbury, Berkshire, again. See the report in Newsletter 12.
- 2000 - St. Barts Hospital, London. Where John and Frances WEST were benefactors. See the report in Newsletter 10
- 1999 - Hertford. Location of the original Girl's Bluecoat School. See the report in Newsletter 8.
- 1998 - St.Mary Bourne, Hampshire. Where many of our lines of descendancy began.
- 1997 - Sonning, nr. Reading, Berkshire. The bluecoat school supported by John WEST. See the report in Newsletter 5.
- 1996 - Burford, Oxfordshire. Home of the PILLs.
- 1995 - Christ's Hospital School. Memorial to John and Frances WEST unveilled. See the report in Newsletter 1.
- 1994 - Silchester, Hampshire; a Roman town and English village where the STARE family originate.
- 1993 - Wherwell, nr. Andover, Hampshire. Where many consanguines live.
- 1992 - Twickenham. Associated with the scholarships and where John WEST was baptised.
- 1991 - City Of London. Home of John and Frances WEST.
- 1990 - Newbury, Berkshire. Associated with the scholarships and the the COXes, Frances' ancestors.
- 1989 - Reading, (Dinton Pastures). Associated with the scholarships.
- 1988 - Christ's Hospital school. See some photos.
- 1987 - Nunhead Cemetery, South London. Where the bones of John and Frances WEST rest.